About Me

My photo
My name is Jackie and I like to take shitty photos, sometimes I string together a fairly good sentence. My imagination is always on overdrive and I have a kickin' life.
All the text on this page is written by Jackie Casey, unless otherwise credited.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I hid under your porch because I love you.


Gush gush gush. I saw Up last night with my mum after months of wanting to see it and I was ridiculously amazed. So pretty, so magical, so imaginative, so uplifting. It was food for the heart. I really want a tattoo of the picture above or even just a tattoo of a bunch of balloons. Apart from having the weirdest dreams and waking up exhuasted, I'm silly with happiness and content at the moment, which scares me. Scary because life made pessimists of the human race meaning that when things are going right, instead of savouring the wonder of it, we worry about how something has to go wrong now. I mean usually it does, right? But it's going to go wrong anyway, why not be as happy as can be while you can. So easy to say, but so very difficult to do. Could it be a defining characteristic of the human condition? Quite possibly, I'm saying.

JC

No comments:

Post a Comment